Human Rights Compensation Claims Solicitors

Our expert team of Solicitors in Brighton are here to help with your Human Rights Compensation Claims

At Dean Wilson LLP we are proud to have a highly experienced team of solicitors in Brighton who have dealt with some of the most serious and life changing types of human rights compensation claims. We work on a no win no fee basis.

Contact our Human Rights Claims Team

Our areas of specialism within Human Rights Compensation Claims

We act for clients where their human rights have been breached in a wide range of circumstances including:

  • Breach of Art.2 (e.g. right to life)
  • Breach of Art.3 (e.g. inhuman or degrading treatment)
  • Breach of Art.5 (e.g. unlawful deprivation of liberty)

We are instructed to act for vulnerable adults, children, and those who have passed away.

Human rights claims are often linked to areas of personal injury, medical negligence, court of protection and inquests. We act for clients where there is a cross over into a number of these areas, and our expertise makes us uniquely placed to provide a complete service.

Making a Human Rights Compensation Claim

All local authorities, emergency services, schools and other state bodies have obligations and duties under the Human Rights Act 1998. What duties are owed may not always be immediately obvious and claims may involve a breach of one or more of the articles under the Human Rights Act. A breach under the Human Rights Act may occur in the following situations:

  • Failure to safeguard an individuals’ welfare by the local authority, for example if the person is known to be suicidal,
  • Failure to adequately safeguard a vulnerable adult in supported living,
  • Abuse and serious neglect within a care home or hospital,
  • Inhumane detention conditions which, for example, can be in a police cell, prison or mental health hospital, or
  • Where you are detained in a hospital, or a care home and the correct procedure has not been followed.

As a result, this may cause damage, injury and in some tragic cases even lead to loss of life. It is vital to obtain legal representation to understand whether you meet the criteria for a claim under the Human Rights Act 1998.

We have an excellent relationship with professionals to help clients and their families in all aspects of the case, including instructing barristers and introducing clients to charities who can provide support through the legal process. Through our empathetic and dedicated approach to our clients, we have built an excellent reputation as a leading specialist team throughout the south-east.

No Win No Fee Human Rights Compensation Claims Solicitors

All our Solicitors dealing with HRA claims and Inquests are happy to work on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis, meaning there is no financial risk to you.

The Dean Wilson team has extensive experience and is recommended by the legal publications and Chambers & Partners, and Legal 500. Alex Brown is a recognised specialist in Personal Injury and has appeared in Chambers and the Legal 500 as a result of the complex cases he has been successful in. Alex is recommended as having ‘excellent interpersonal skills’ and has a ‘calm, efficient manner and also shows empathy for a complex situation – he reassures while being realistic and honest’. Chambers and Partners 2022 ranks Alex as ‘Up and Coming’ Solicitor.

Ben Davey is also a ranked as an ‘Associate to watch’ by Chambers and Partners 2022 and a ‘Rising Star’ by The Legal 500 2022. He has reached successful outcomes in a number of complex cases and was described as ‘a truly outstanding professional – he is willing to go the extra mile and you can always rely on him to ensure clients get justice.’

To speak to a member of our experienced team of solicitors, please call 01273 249200 for free initial advice about your claim.

Frequently Asked Human Rights Compensation Claim Questions:

Who can I make a claim against under the Human Rights Act?

If you have had your human rights and freedoms breached by public bodies who have a duty to protect your rights, you can make a claim against them. These public bodies include:
– All local authorities
– Emergency services
– Schools & educational

What should I do if I wish to bring a claim for breach of my Human Rights?

To see if you meet the criteria to claim under the Human Rights Act 1998, please give us a free, no obligation call on 01273 249200, or email us at

Once we have assessed that there was a failure in upholding your human rights, we will assist your claim by representing you in a no win no fee basis. We recommend you get in touch with us at your earliest opportunity.

Contact the Human Rights Compensation Claims Department

Enter your details below and a member of staff will get back to you. For all other business enquiries please contact us at or 01273 249 200.

* Fields marked with an asterix are required