I acted for Melanie Brazier on behalf of the estate of her son Steven Brazier who died from an eating disorder which could have been prevented but for failings in his mental health treatment. This case received widespread regional and national news attention and I was interviewed for the BBC about the case.
Other matters where I have achieved successful outcomes for clients include:
• Achieving settlement at a six figure sum for a client with a chronic pain disorder;
• Obtaining £225,000 for a client who seriously injured his back during unsafe lifting practices at work;
• Acting for a client who suffered severe pelvic, wrist and head injuries after a fall from height at work;
• Achieving out of Court settlement for a six figure sum on behalf of a Client who suffered severe burns to 20% of his body during his employment as a welder;
• Acting on behalf of the estate of a father who died as a result of a delay in diagnosing bowel cancer. The case was defended vigorously throughout but settlement was achieved before trial;
• Acting on behalf of a client who suffered severe orthopaedic injuries after the van he was a passenger in collided with a crane;
I am also heavily involved in charity work. In 2016 I was invited to become a member of the regional steering committee of The Silverlining, a charity dedicated to empowering and supporting those with brain injuries. In 2014 I was part of a team that supported a group of people with brain injuries to travel to Namibia on a goodwill mission and volunteer in the local community. I also volunteer for Gig Buddies, a Stay Up Late project, in Brighton where I support people with learning disabilities to go to gigs.
“From the start to the final end result we found [Ben Davey and Alex Brown] to be professional, precise, communicative and very knowledgeable in their field of expertise. Little or nothing was too much for them, they accommodated our every need especially in terms of visiting our home to oversee business since my husband was housebound with little mobility due to a serious accident at work.”