Surgical Negligence Compensation
When mistakes happen, they can have very serious consequences.
There are many examples of surgical mistakes which include:
- Performing the wrong type of operation;
- Accidentally perforating organs;
- Sub-standard orthopaedic surgery (e.g. knee, hip or spinal operations);
- Leaving items inside the body after surgery, such as swabs or surgical implements;
- Causing damage to nerves, tissues or veins during surgery;
- Negligent bariatric surgery (a range of operations to treat obesity);
- Infections following surgery and / or failure to properly treat a surgical infection;
- Damage to the bladder or bowel;
- Mistakes during hysterectomy / caesarean section;
- Mistakes during plastic surgery / cosmetic surgery;
- Mistakes after operations leading to complications;
- Failure to diagnose damage after an operation, leading to complications;
- Anaesthetic awareness (waking up or being partially conscious during the operation); and
- Negligent eye surgery.
Mistakes in surgery can cause a prolonged recovery time, additional pain, psychological damage and, in more serious injuries, permanent disability, paralysis and even death.
For further information please see Frequently Asked Questions about Clinical Negligence Claims. We do not charge for dealing with initial enquiries even if we do not take the claim on. This way you can be safe in the knowledge that you can receive expert legal advice about your complaint without committing to any obligations regarding fees. If we consider that you have a claim which is likely to be successful then we can offer you a “no win no fee” agreement.
If you would like to discuss a potential surgical error claim please contact us on 01273 249200 for a free, no obligation discussion. We are happy to visit clients at home or in hospital if necessary.
Awards & Accreditations