Most women require gynaecological care at some point in their lives. Gynaecological investigations and treatments are common procedures. Unfortunately, despite this, mistakes are often made resulting in medical negligence.
Gynaecological injuries can occur if there is a failure to diagnose a condition or if there is negligent intervention by a GP, hospital doctor, consultant, nurse or healthcare professional. Types of cases include:
- cancer misdiagnosis;
- damage caused during pregnancy termination;
- damage caused during sterilisation operations;
- damage caused during dilation and curettage (“D & C”) procedures;
- failure to diagnose ectopic pregnancy;
- damage caused during childbirth, including caesarean birth;
- infections acquired in hospitals;
- damage during a hysterectomy (removal of the womb);
- oophorectomy (removal of the ovaries) or salpingectomy (removal of the fallopian tubes);
- damage during other operations;
- damage during colposcopy (a procedure to examine the cervix);
- myomectomy (fibroid removal);
- uterine perforation during insertion of the contraceptive coil; and
- problems caused by prescribed contraceptives.
Serious gynaecological injuries can cause infertility, persistent pain and bleeding, psychiatric damage, miscarriage and premature labour. We have experience of dealing with these very personal claims in a sensitive manner.
For further information please see Frequently Asked Questions about Clinical Negligence Claims. We do not charge for dealing with initial enquiries even if we do not take the claim on. This way you can be safe in the knowledge that you can receive expert legal advice about your complaint without committing to any obligations regarding fees. If we consider that you have a claim which is likely to be successful then we can offer you a “no win no fee” agreement.
If you would like to discuss a potential gynaecology claim please contact us on 01273 249200 for a free, no obligation discussion. We are happy to visit clients at home or in hospital if necessary.
Awards & Accreditations