If a diagnosis of cancer or carcinoma is missed or is delayed or if cancer is confused with another illness, then the patient may be able to bring a successful claim in clinical negligence.
Our team is fully aware of the devastating effect that a delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis can have, not only upon the individual concerned but their whole family. On top of the physical effects, we are all too well aware of the psychological harm that can occur when a patient does not receive the care and treatment that they should have.
Contact our Medical Injury Team
We are experienced in dealing with cases where:
- There has been an unacceptable delay in diagnosing cancer or referring to a specialist cancer doctor (an Oncologist);
- X-rays or other scans have been misread by Radiologists;
- Tissue samples were incorrectly interpreted by Pathologists;
- The wrong treatment was given (this may include surgery (excision), radiotherapy or chemotherapy); and
- Treatment was not properly monitored.
Typical Cases of Cancer Compensation Claims
Our familiarity with cancer medical negligence shows us that the types of cancer most frequently forming the subject of claims are:
- Breast cancer;
- Melanoma (skin cancer);
- Bowel cancer (colon cancer);
- Lung cancer;
- Kidney cancer;
- Stomach cancer;
- Cancer of the brain, known as a brain tumour and including meningioma and medulloblastoma;
- Cervical cancer;
- Bone cancer;
- Lymphoma (blood cell tumours); and
- Oesophageal cancer (cancer of the food pipe).
For further information please see Frequently Asked Questions about Clinical Negligence Claims. We do not charge for dealing with initial enquiries even if we do not take the claim on. This way you can be safe in the knowledge that you can receive expert legal advice about your complaint without committing to any obligations regarding fees. If we consider that you have a claim which is likely to be successful then we can offer you a “no win no fee” agreement.
If you would like to discuss a potential delay in diagnosing cancer claim please contact us on 01273 249200 for a free, no obligation discussion. We are happy to visit clients at home or in hospital if necessary.
Awards & Accreditations