Financial Provision FAQs
The issues raised here are far from uncommon. If the issues are tackled early and sensibly, these problems are usually resolved without the need for Court intervention.You should take legal advice from an experienced Family Lawyer at an early stage.
- My husband has just left me and I rely on him financially. What can I do?
- I don’t trust my husband. He controls all the finances and I am concerned that he may try to transfer money and property away.
- I have just found out that my husband has already transferred one of our properties to his brother. What can I do?
- The family home is held in my husband’s name. He is threatening to kick me out of the house. Can he do this?
- Do I need a Court Order to confirm my role as primary carer and the time that my husband spends with the children?