When you are in hospital receiving treatment for illness or injury, you hope you will be well looked after. In the majority of cases, you or family members will receive a good standard of care. Unfortunately however, this is not always the case and medical negligence (also known as clinical negligence) by hospital staff can occur in a wide variety of circumstances, causing further injury, suffering and complications.
Hospital Negligence Claims Solicitors
Hospital or medical or clinical negligence claims can cover a huge variety of claims but generally fall into two categories: medical mistakes or surgical mistakes. Examples can include:
- Failure to diagnose or delay in diagnosing an illness or condition (for example broken bones or cancer misdiagnosis);
- Poor nursing care resulting in a patient’s condition worsening (an example is where a patient is not turned regularly in bed resulting in them developing pressure sores);
- Surgical mistakes (for example during plastic surgery or orthopaedic surgery);
- Anaesthetic (also known as anaesthetic awareness) errors;
- Accidents in hospital such as tripping over or falling out of bed; and
- Medication or prescription errors.
This list is just a sample and there are many more types of hospital negligence for which claims can be made. Sometimes these errors can have very serious consequences with long-term effects for patients and their families. Our team has the experience and empathy not only to properly pursue your claim on your behalf but also to support you and your family through what can be a demanding process.
Please see the links below for further information on specific claim types:
- Surgical Errors;
- Amputations Resulting from Medical Negligence;
- Cosmetic Surgery Claims;
- Orthopaedic Negligence Claims;
- Gynaecological Negligence;
- Ophthalmic (Eye) Claims;
- Bowel Injury Claims;
- Bariatric Negligence Claims; and
- Delays in Diagnosing Cancer.
For further information please see Frequently Asked Questions about Clinical Negligence Claims. We do not charge for dealing with initial enquiries even if we do not take the claim on. This way you can be safe in the knowledge that you can receive expert legal advice about your complaint without committing to any obligations regarding fees. If we consider that you have a claim which is likely to be successful then we can offer you a “no win no fee” agreement.
If you would like to discuss a potential hospital negligence claim please contact us on 01273 249200 for a free, no obligation discussion. We are happy to visit clients at home or in hospital if necessary.
Awards & Accreditations