Both parties should take independent legal advice on the terms of the agreement and the agreement should only be drawn up following full and frank financial disclosure. This is to ensure that both parties are fully aware of what they are signing and that the terms are fair to both.
For further information about separation agreements read our facts sheets here.
This article may cover more queries about this topic, to read click here.
- Can I get a divorce in a pandemic?
- Should mediation be compulsory?
- What are the advantages of mediation?
- What is mediation?
- Is a Post Nuptial Agreement binding?
- What is a Postnuptial Agreement?
- Are Separation Agreements legally binding?
- How long does a Separation Agreement last for?
- What is a Separation Agreement and when might I need one?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- How long does a divorce take?