A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Property Department.
Job Title: Paralegal
Reports to: Siobhan Cox
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide comprehensive support to fee earners within the team.
- Working on files as delegated by the Head of Department or Conveyancing Manager
- Preparation, completion and maintenance of documents and systems in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Carrying out email and telephone contact with clients on routine matters and information exchange
- Dealing with new client enquiries
- Preparing and drafting reports and forms, to include SDLT forms and Land Registry applications
- Dealing with any administrative or accounts queries
- File Closing
- Any other duties as required
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to fulfil role.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills (both written and oral).
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other team members as and when required.
- A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience of working within Residential Conveyancing would be an advantage but not necessary, as full training will be given.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience in using case management systems / databases for client management but training will be given.
This is a full time role working Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm with an hour and a quarter for lunch each day. In return we offer a competitive package.
Please apply with full CV to Cathy Oliver, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org