A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary to join our Property Litigation Team.
The ideal candidate will be bright, keen and highly organised. Be able to perform tasks accurately and in a time efficient manner, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
You will be flexible with regard to your work and be able to work for the varying fee earners within the department. Good numeracy skills and an understanding of legal accounts is essential for this role as you will be required to deal with the invoicing and credit control aspects. A good working knowledge of outlook, word and excel is essential.
Duties will include:
- Opening up and files and chasing up required documentation
- Invoicing and credit control
- To ensure information, documents and correspondence relating to cases are processed quickly and accurately as directed by fee earners (including the appropriate use of the Firm’s case management system).
- Audio typing, copy typing, photocopying and drafting routine letters and documents
- To maintain existing files and set up new files accurately, ensuring that the Department’s and Firm’s file management procedures are accurately carried out, including filing of all documents, correspondence, attendance notes and time records.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing emails and post
- Speaking with clients over the telephone
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to help fee earners to deliver quality service to clients.
- Accurate and effective organisational skills alongside with careful and conscientious approach.
- Fast and accurate touch typing skills
- Able to manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines.
- Good numeracy skills and an understanding of accounting processes in a legal firm
- Excellent level of English language – spelling, punctuation and sentence construction.
- Demonstrable I.T. skills to include word, excel and outlook.
- Knowledge of Legal Case Management systems
- Keen to show initiative and willingness to accept instructions
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills (both written and oral).
- Excellent team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other team members and fee earners as and when required.
- This is a full time role working Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm
We offer a competitive salary together with holiday, pension and access to our online benefits platform with Perkbox.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply with CV to Amna Shabbir, HR Assistant – email@example.com