A fantastic opportunity has risen for a Human Resources Assistant to join us, working in a fast paced and varied role. You will be working closely with the HR Manager, so the role is ideal for someone with a background in HR, looking to learn, develop and grow their career. External CIPD training can be provided (after a probationary period).
The role includes the following, along with other ad hoc tasks and project work, as required:
- Completing all administration and tasks relating to the employee lifecycle, including: setting up new starters, organising inductions, administering compensation and benefits, arranging appraisals, assisting employees with admin queries and admin related to absence, maternity/paternity leave and leavers.
- Recruitment: completing all administration tasks in relation to recruitment, including organising recruitment meetings and interviews, drafting offer letters and contracts and organising reference and background checks.
- Training and development: organising training, logging CPD for solicitors, maintaining training records and working on internal promotions.
- Compensation and benefits: providing payroll processing support, assisting with review/benchmarking of market data in relation to compensation and benefits and carrying out Firm salary reviews.
- Assisting the HR Manager with any tasks, as required, including producing monthly and ad-hoc reports for analysis, maintaining and updating any HR databases, internet sites and intranet site and dealing with general HR enquiries (referring to the HR Manager as appropriate).
- Some previous experience working in an HR role is essential
- Degree level qualified preferable
- Excellent organisational skills, administrative skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships both inside and outside (with suppliers) the business whilst maintaining strict confidentiality
- Client (internal and external) focused approach
- Inquisitive and able to challenge the status quo
- IT literate (experience of working with databases and running reports useful)
In return we offer a competitive package. If you feel you would be suited to the role please apply with CV to Cathy Oliver, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – 17th May 2019