A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to join our leading law firm located in Brighton and Hove
This is a new role in response to dynamic growth and a great opportunity for someone to lead the HR function of the firm.
Your role will be to manage the overall HR operations to assist the partnership and provide support to all line managers. This will include best people management practices, HR functions and systems aligned with the business operations
Key duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Continual development of HR policy and procedures
- Assisting managers in employee and people management matters and determining current and future management roles within the firm
- Be accessible to all employees
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolution, disciplinary matters, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy
- Support and drive forward change management processes
- Ensure effective and appropriate top-down communication on company matters
- Deal with recruitment and preparing application forms, writing job descriptions and structuring interviews and assisting in interviews.
- Making job offers, applying for references and carrying out Basic Disclosure checks
- Develop and maintain in-house training programmes both for new and current employees
- Manage and review the appraisal system
- Maintain accurate staff records including holiday and absence information, keeping them fully up to date.
- Design and manage new starter inductions
- Prepare and maintain all employee contracts of employment
- Assisting the firm’s Practice Manager to ensure payroll is dealt with accurately.
- Keep up to date with current employment legislation
- Awareness of GDPR in all matters
CIPD qualification preferred, or MBA or HND in human resource management if suitable experience can be demonstrated.
This is a part-time role with hours to be discussed. We offer a competitive salary, and other benefits.
Please apply with CV to Julian Hunt at email@example.com
Closing date for applications 7th January 2019