A fantastic opportunity has risen for an Administrative Assistant to join the PMI department. You will be working closely with the PMI department, providing administrative support and some secretarial duties.
The role includes the following, along with other ad hoc tasks, as required:
- Ensure information, documents and correspondence relating to cases are processed quickly and accurately as directed by fee earners (including the appropriate use of the Firm’s case management system).
- Attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, ensuring accurate messages are passed on without unnecessary delay.
- Audio typing, copy typing, photocopying and filing.
- To maintain existing files and set up new files accurately, ensuring that the Department’s and Firm’s file management procedures are accurately carried out, including filing of all documents, correspondence, attendance notes and time records.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for the fee earners.
- To make travel arrangements or any other personal arrangements for fee earners as and when required.
- To keep confidential and secure all Practice and client documentation and/or information.
- To maintain time records of telephone calls, letters written and attendances on clients.
- Collating and marshalling documents to experts, courts and barristers.
- Keeping track of which documents have been disclosed / not disclosed and which have been sent to Counsel.
- Monitoring client ledgers, paying invoices, billing, maintaining costs information.
- Drafting routine letters and documents, e.g. cost update letters to client, applying for medical records, etc.
- To assist in the preparation of management information and marketing documents, e.g. blogs, profiles, panel applications.
- Previous experience of working within a personal injury / catastrophic injury department / vulnerable client group and/or with case management systems, is preferable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to take responsibility and use initiative to help fee earners to deliver quality service to clients.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills (both written and oral).
- Fast and accurate typing ability.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other team members and fee earners as and when required.
- Interest in legal matters and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines.
This is a full time role working Monday – Friday from 9am to 5pm with an hour and a quarter for lunch each day. In return we offer a competitive package.
Please apply with full CV to Cathy Oliver, HR Manager – email@example.com